Mission and Vision Statement
Galway University Hospitals (University Hospital Galway and Merlin Park University Hospital) aim to provide high quality and equitable care for all its patients, in a safe and secure environment, and to achieve excellence in clinical practice, teaching, training and research.
"The patient is our core reason for being"
- SERVICE - Provide equitable health care using teams of medical, nursing, allied health professionals and support staff who work in an integrated and collaborative manner within Galway University Hospitals and in partnership with other health service providers.
- DIGNITY & RESPECT - Patients privacy, dignity, confidentiality and individual needs are respected. Staff are valued, supported, consulted and involved in decision-making. Diversity is valued and action taken to challenge intolerant attitudes and behaviour.
- EDUCATION - Nurture and encourage life long learning and continuous performance improvement in an equitable way for all staff, thus attracting, developing and retaining high quality staff, enabling them to reach and use their full potential. Maintain formal affiliations with education institutions.
- RESEARCH - Maximise opportunities to initiate and/or participate in research to improve health care.
- COMMUNICATION - Develop a comprehensive communications plan to facilitate timely and appropriate information sharing, both internally and externally, thus empowering clients and staff to actively participate in all aspects of the service by encouraging inclusiveness, openness, transparency and accountability.
- QUALITY - Provide services which are relevant and sensitive to the needs of the population we serve underpinned by quality systems and practices and with the flexibility to change based on evaluation outcomes.
This is a Galway University Hospitals Local Partnership Committee Initiative